Version: July 2016
Dam Sum is concerned about privacy issues and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose information.
Dam Sum website content includes feeders from different social media channels: Facebook, Foursquare and Instagram. The site feeds only from its own profile accounts and from public profiles of other users, and solely when damsum is 'hashtagged' (eg: when Instragam users use the hashtag #damsum, the location for damsum, or the tag @dam_sum), or when Facebook users posts on our page or mention our business profile page, and when Foursquare users leave a tip on our Foursquare profile. We manage to do this via our
We don't share the content resulted from our own APIs with third parties.
The API's that we utilise don't get access to a user in an inappropriate way, we only retrieve the information that was made public by the user. We don't retrieve and store any other type of personal information. We don't store or cache Instagram, Facebook, Foursquare login credentials.
The API's forseek not to violate the platforms guidelines (Instagram, Facebook, Foursquare). Further technical details about our API's are available on request.
Before their publication, all images will be checked by Dam Sum, via our internal administration platform. Exclusively to ensure that the contents meet socially acceptable norms and standards in general. Any kind of representation that may affect the rights or the decency of an individual or a group of people may be rejected or removed at the sole discretion of Dam Sum.
We remove within 24 hours any User Content or other information that the owner asks us, in writing, to remove.
As for our ongoing, monthly, Instagram competition, applications that violate the terms of participation, described in 'terms and conditions', Dam Sum reserves the right to reject the application and/or to subsequently exclude the candidate from participating.
If you submit any picture in the competition, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to publish it on our website.
No claims can be made for the publication of a particular image. If and when an image is published on the website depends on the amount of submitted images, the quality of the content, and other factors.
1.We collect content (pictures, text, name of the user) resulted from users making posts on our pages on social networking websites, such as Facebook, Foursquare and Instagram.
2.We collect personal details when you choose to provide personal details to us, when using our contact form, we may collect the following personal information from you:
your full name;
your contact details eg address, telephone numbers and
if you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways; information necessary for legal compliance; and/or
where you “like” us or make posts on our pages on social networking websites, such as Facebook, Foursquare, YouTube and Instagram.
This information will be collected primarily from you as information voluntarily provided to us.
The Company may use information about you for purposes described in the 'social media content' paragraph or as otherwise disclosed to you on our Site or with our services. For example, we may use information about you for the following purposes:
to respond and/or deal with your request or enquiry;
to improve our products and to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (or other electronic
to administer the Site;
We don't use the social media APIs for any app that constitutes, promotes or is used in connection with spyware, adware, or any other malicious programs or code.
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
• Through the Services: We may collect Personal Information through the Services, e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter or make a purchase.
• Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you visit our stores, place an order over the phone or contact customer service.
• From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as
public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms; and from other third parties.
We don't store or cache Instagram, Facebook, Foursquare login credentials.
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
• Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
• Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
• IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider .An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Services, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Services.
• Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized
provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
• From you: Information such as your preferred means of communication is collected when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with Personal Information, it does not personally identify you.
• By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at: By Post:
Dam Sum SPRL
61 Champs Elysee Ixelles
By email: email@example.com
d in the submissions may in addition to the purposes of the sweepstakes also be used for the promotional purposes of YT Industries. The participant may object to further use at any time.